Snow Salt | Eco Friendly Ice Melt | Pet Friendly Ice Melt
Ice Melt Safe For Concrete
This cold temperature product melts stubborn ice down to 0° F. Please do not use Ice Heat with water softener as the manufacturers do not recommend it. Ice Heat dissolves quicker than rock salt. An application of this product delivers instant traction to your outdoor area.
Consider using this coarse solar salt on both commercial or residental properties. Ice Heat will applied correctly should not harm vegetation.
Ice Melt features blue non-staining dye for controlled application. It is recommended for use on parking lots, driveways and walking paths. Environmentally friendly. Ice Heat is proud to be 100% American made. Salt Depot is a Green company.
Salt Depot: Question and Answers
Is it harmful to vegetation?
• In proper quantities, No.
• During application if some product gets on vegetation there should be no damage; however, if a pile is left in one spot it can kill the vegetation.
Is it harmful to animals or humans?
• In small amounts, No.
• If ingested in small quantities, our products should cause no harm; however, if ingested in larger amounts please seek medical attention.
Will it harm concrete?
• De-icing products on their own do not harm concrete surfaces.
• The freeze and thaw cycle is what creates cracking and popping of concrete. De-icing products create a liquid brine after melting snow and ice, it then gets into porous concrete and eventually refreezes causing cracks. The lower the freezing temp of de-icers the less likely cracking is to occur.
What should I apply?
• For asphalt surfaces Salt Depot recommends using pure salt.
• For concrete surfaces Salt Depot recommends a blended product that has a lower melting temp and that will reduce damage to the surface.
• Do not use snow and ice melt on concrete that is less than one year old or that was not properly cured or finished; spalling or flaking might occur.
• When used properly, snow and ice melt products will not damage air-entrained, quality concrete.
• If you are unsure of the quality of your concrete, please ask a concrete professional before use.
How much should I apply?
• Due to snow depth, temperature and the amout of ice the rate of application may vary
• Proposed application rate is 50 pounds per 900 square feet.
• Remove excess slush after administering product.
How quickly will it work?
• This depends on the product and the site conditions but often it takes about 15 minutes to take full affect